Related Links

Related Topics

Monday, October 26, 2009

Lifetime Basketball 71526 | Basketball Backboards

"Your basketball backboards look funny when you get them out of the box. What is up with that?"



We get this question from time to time and so let me just cut to the chase and say our basketball backboards and rim combos look exactly how they are pictured on our website. With that said, certain packaging precautions are taken to help prevent damage. Allow me to illustrate the confusion with a paraphrased version of a conversation I recently had with a customer who had ordered the 71526 Basketball Backboards.

Basketball Backboards Complaint:

The customer complaint went something look this:

"I received your Lifetime 71526 backboard and rim combo, but the backboard does not look a thing like it is shown on your website. The website picture looks very professional and nice and see through, but this one looks faded and you can barely see through the material. Your site describes this unit has clear; clear to me means glass, but this looks more like a heavily tinted window. Also, there are a bunch of scratches all over the unit. Wasn't this product supposed to be brand new like it says on your website?"

At first I did not know what to say. I had never heard such a complaint before and so I referred it to a coworker who had been working here longer. He started off by telling me that this was a common misconception with Lifetime Basketball Backboards and that the fix was easy. My coworker than told me what to advise.

Basketball Backboards Solution:

Here is what I advised the customer:

"Sir, your system is most likely completely fine. Please go to your system and feel along the edges for what will feel like a bump; this is a plastic covering. If you will peel that covering away you fill likely find the unit to become 'clearer' and that the 'scratches' will disappear."

I waited on hold for bit while he did this. Momements later he returned to the phone and confirmed what my coworker had suspected. When Lifetime Products packages their basketball backboards they put a plastic covering of the unit to help avoid scratches, scuffs, and puncture damage while it is in transit. As soon as you remove the covering everything will look picture perfect.

Basketball Backboards Related Links:


Portable Basketball Hoops.
Lifetime Basketball Hoops.
Basketball Backboards.
Lifetime Basketball | Spalding Basketball.

No comments:

Shopping blogs & blog posts